Friday, March 30, 2007

Day 134


Chocolate Torte
Originally uploaded by Deborah Harroun.
This cake was so yummy!! I have been dying to make it, and finally had the excuse for a co-worker's going away party today.

I have been doing some contemplating. I started my Photo a Day project to become a better photographer. I have found myself, over the last couple weeks, just taking a picture to say that I had my picture for the day. This is not really what I had in mind when I started this project. I think a lot of it is because I have been trying to figure out what "kind" of photographer (I use that term lightly) I want to be. I am inspired by the street photography of Lab2112 and Moonwire But it is difficult here in Utah to find interesting things happening on the streets. I love the self portraits of Officially A Mom.and Marvelous Momma but I lack the skills, creativity, and photoshop abilities. So I've been thinking - I need to decide what I want to really become good at - not just follow through with the motions to say that I have. So here it is - I love food. I love making it, I love looking at it, and I love eating it. I could spend all day looking online for recipes or reading cookbooks. I was inspired by Meeta who is a great food photographer. She also has a food blog, which I quickly found out that food blogging is quite popular. So I think this is the direction I am going to go in for now. It will give me an excuse to cook more, and this way I can be passionate about two things at one. And hopefully I will learn a few things instead of just skating along. You can see my new food blog (including the recipe for this cake at Every Day Food from a Working Woman.

I'll still be taking other pictures on days I don't cook, I will be concentrating my photos on food.

No comments: